Week 1 Pcom

   Physical computing, to me, is a new thing. After reading the assignment and trying some labs, it reminds me of doing a circuit physics experiment back in high school. It is not the field that I am good at, but I feel inspired by the creative exercises in class that might drive me to be interested in physical computing.

  I did the lab, and in the electronic measurements measuring voltage, I kind of failed the experiment. I used the multimeter to do the test, and I think everything went through in the first part, and I measured the dc power supply. 



he label on the dc power supply shows the output should be 19v. But during my measurement, it is a volatile number changing in the multimeter. But the problem is that after putting all the voltage and led, the led can not be light up, and it shows low in the multimeter.



 Then we go back the check every step and test the voltage regulator; we find out actually after we put the DC power jack on, the power didn't go through. Still not sure what's the problem. Maybe is the DC power jack doesn't match with the one I have?

  
 


For the lab switches, I think I did better than the multimeter one. I changed my power through Arduino, and I think it went through. I followed the instruction and successfully lighted up the led. The only thing I didn't quite understand is that the different output Arduino has. 




  I go through some tutorials about Arduino, and I feel it is something more complicated than I thought and still processing what is going on. From my understanding, it is also a component, but we can be more customized about it. I wonder if the code we wrote in Arduino only changes how power goes through other parts and gets other feedback?



   I also went to the pcom workshop. I learned some basic knowledge about pcom, also have a simple idea about what I can do with pcom. In the workshop, I learned some components, and also I am very interested in many sensors. I feel like these can be significant way-to-do interactions. I would love to know more about them and how to use them and maybe combine some components to make something more exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 6

Week 2 Lab

Project 2 Prototypes